For the umpteenth time– why are we a culture that tells women not to get raped instead of telling men not to rape?
A recent study at the University of Surrey reports that the sex advice given in men’s magazines or British lad mags like FHM and Loaded is hard to distinguish from comments made by convicted rapists. As Jezebel reports the University’s finding will soon be published in the British Journal of Psychology. Among the many disturbing results the study found was that “most men who took part in the study identified themselves more with the language expressed by the convicted rapists.”
How would you do on the quiz?
1. There’s a certain way you can tell that a girl wants to have sex . . . The way they dress, they flaunt themselves.
2. Some girls walk around in short-shorts . . . showing their body off . . . It just starts a man thinking that if he gets something like that, what can he do with it?
3. A girl may like anal sex because it makes her feel incredibly naughty and she likes feeling like a dirty slut. If this is the case, you can try all sorts of humiliating acts to help live out her filthy fantasy.
4. Mascara running down the cheeks means they’ve just been crying, and it was probably your fault . . . but you can cheer up the miserable beauty with a bit of the old in and out.
5. What burns me up sometimes about girls is dick-teasers. They lead a man on and then shut him off right there.
6. Filthy talk can be such a turn on for a girl . . . no one wants to be shagged by a mouse . . . A few compliments won’t do any harm either . . . ‘I bet you want it from behind you dirty whore’ . . .
7. You know girls in general are all right. But some of them are bitches . . . The bitches are the type that . . . need to have it stuffed to them hard and heavy.
8. Escorts . . . they know exactly how to turn a man on. I’ve given up on girlfriends. They don’t know how to satisfy me, but escorts do.
9. You’ll find most girls will be reluctant about going to bed with somebody or crawling in the back seat of a car . . . But you can usually seduce them, and they’ll do it willingly.
10. There’s nothing quite like a woman standing in the dock accused of murder in a sex game gone wrong . . . The possibility of murder does bring a certain frisson to the bedroom.
11. Girls ask for it by wearing these mini-skirts and hotpants . . . they’re just displaying their body . . . Whether they realise it or not they’re saying, ‘Hey, I’ve got a beautiful body, and it’s yours if you want it.’
12. You do not want to be caught red-handed . . . go and smash her on a park bench. That used to be my trick.
13. Some women are domineering, but I think it’s more or less the man who should put his foot down. The man is supposed to be the man. If he acts the man, the woman won’t be domineering.
14. I think if a law is passed, there should be a dress code . . . When girls dress in those short skirts and things like that, they’re just asking for it.
15. Girls love being tied up . . . it gives them the chance to be the helpless victim.
16. I think girls are like plasticine, if you warm them up you can do anything you want with them.
Questions originally provided by Middlesex University to Jezebel.com. Answers: 1. Rapist, 2. Rapist, 3. Magazine, 4. Magazine, 5. Rapist, 6. Magazine, 7. Rapist, 8. Magazine, 9. Rapist, 10. Magazine, 11. Rapist, 12. Magazine, 13. Rapist, 14. Rapist, 15. Magazine, 16. Magazine.
IN RELATED NEWS: The University of Vermont chapter of Sigma Phi Epsilon has been closed indefinitely after it was discovered that the fraternity circulated a questionnaire to members asking them to rank the women they would prefer to rape.
One Response to Men’s Magazines and Rape?