I know that you’ve been waiting to know how I’m doing on my four goals for sabbatical. Well, I’m behind in some areas and way ahead in others. C’est la vie.
1. Manhunt (2013) Dir. Greg Barker
2. Behind the Candalabra (2013) Dir. Steven Soderburgh
3. To the Wonder (2013) Dir. Terrence Malick
4. Star Trek: Into Darkness (2013) Dir. J.J. Abrams
5. Hope Springs (2012) Dir. David Frankel
6. Love, Marilyn (2012) Dir. Liz Garbus
7. American Experience: Freedom Riders (2009) Dir. Stanley Nelson
8. The Girl Next Door (1999) Dir. Christine Fugate
9. Miss You Can Do It (2013) Dir. Ron Davis
10. Wish Me Away (2011) Dirs. Beverly Kopf and Bobbie Birleffi
11. Homeland, Season 1 I generally count a season of television as ‘equal’ to a film. I clearly take this all a tad too seriously. 🙂
12. Homeland, Season 2
13. The Crash Reel (2013) Dir. Lucy Walker
14. Edie & Thea: A Very Long Engagement (2009) Dir. Susan Muska
15. Promised Land (2012) Dir. Gus Van Sant
16. First Comes Love (2012) Dir. Nina Davenport
17. The Master (2012) Dir. Paul Thomas Anderson
18. The Way, Way Back (2013) Dirs. Nat Faxon and Jim Rash
19. Fruitvale Station (2013) Dir. Ryan Coogler
20. The Runner: David Horton’s 2700 Mile Run (2006) Dir. J.B. Benna
Taking care of myself:
This needs much improvement. Sleep, first and foremost, is greatly needed.
I’ve been in 21 states thus far, eight of which for the first time. I’m very happy about this category. Very happy… and maybe a bit sad that I’m not still on the road.